The second Clean Cliffs Project was held in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica from December 3rd-10th. The team partnered with a local tour agency, Paddle9, and spent the week exploring some of Costa Rica's top waterfalls, surfing, and cleaning up the beaches. Costa Rica is considered an environmental leader and aiming to becoming the first country to achieve a comprehensive national strategy to eliminate single-use plastics. As their ambition and efforts are great, they still face a BIG pollution problem... which just goes to show that this is a GLOBAL problem. Overall, our time in Costa Rica was amazing. The people were incredible, the landscape was beautiful, and the overall atmosphere was very uplifting! We can't wait to go back next year! Pura Vida!
Meet the Team:
five things you must do in manuel antonio
If you find yourself in Costa Rica, you have to make a trip to Manuel Antonio. It is a beautiful beach town with incredible activities. From a quiet day on the beach to an adventurous day cliff jumping, there are endless things to do! Here are our top five suggestions of must do things:
1. Visit the national park. | The town has become a famous tourist attraction because of the Manuel Antonio National Park. The park has a wonderful beach, Playa Espadilla, amazing wildlife and offer many activities such as sport fishing, snorkeling and hiking. We had the best tour guide, Fillo, make sure you reach out to him!
2. Go on a waterfall tour. | If you are in Manuel Antonio, going on a Paddle9 waterfall tour is a MUST. They will show you some of the most beautiful spots in the area and even teach you how to jump off a cliff!
3. Go surfing. | Manuel Antonio is not a major surfer’s town but has some good breaks to offer, making it the perfect place to learn! You can rent a board and/or schedule a lesson right on the beach.
4. Eat at Sanchos. | Sanchos is a locally owned Mexican Restaurant. The staff is so friendly and the food/drinks are amazing! I’d give the fish tacos, wet burrito, and blackberry margaritas a 10/10!
5. Go out to Selinas. | Selinas is a hostel that also has a bar attached. If you're looking for a fun night out, fair priced drinks, and great people it's your go to place! We had an absolute blast there!
The Clean Cliffs Team